Thursday, September 29, 2011

Painted Lady Revival

I love the Victorian architecture of San Francisco's hilly terrain, and I had to share this building spotted in the tony neighborhood of Noe Valley. The term Painted Ladies came to fruition in the 1970's when houses in the Victorian style were painted in three or more colors to highlight their architectural details. I think that this is a bolder and more modern take on the Painted Ladies style from the 1970's. I love the green doors, but could probably do without the hot pink steps. This takes me back to when I first took at interest in interior design as a child. My mom and I selected a Victorian era dollhouse and I of course elected to paint it in my favorite colors of deep purple, lavender, pink, and emerald green. The house was complete with wood floors, molding, and wallpaper. If only I could find some photos of it, those would be priceless.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...